Welcome to WOW Carpets
Welcome to our site the WOW Carpets site for all of your carpet cleaning needs! We post all kinds of great things here, tips, tricks, and heplful information!
Maintaining Your Carpet’s Beauty
- The best way to ensure long–lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
- Depending on the type of carpet you have, you’ll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar or suction only.
- When vacuuming high pile or premium soft carpets look for the following features that will allow you to easily maintain your carpet:
- Adjustable Height – Use the highest setting where appropriate
- - Efficient Airflow – Avoid vacuums with very concentrated or sealed suction
- - Large Wheels allow the appliance to glide easily across the carpet
- Consider professional cleaning every 12–18 months, depending on traffic and other use factors, frequency of vacuuming and whether the carpet is a light or dark color.
- Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or you may damage the carpet.
- To remove a dent caused by heavy furniture, stroke carpet with the edges of a coin. You can also use a hair dryer or a steam iron to gently raise the dented area while you tug upward on the tufts. CAUTION: DO NOT LET THE IRON TOUCH THE CARPET..
- If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is extensive, the carpet may require patching or replacement.
- If a flooding occurs from a burst pipe, washing machine overflow or other leak, the carpet needs to be dried, front and back, by a professional cleaner with the proper equipment.
- This link can provide additional tips on maintaining the beauty of your carpet http://www.carpet-rug.org.